The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Easiest physical security breach to do is to just walk in and pretend you are supposed to be there. That and credit card in the door jamb, opens most locked doors like nothing.
Also is fun looking at security or lack thereof in hospitals… No wonder something like over half of identity theft is from bad hospital security lol…

1 Like

for most places all it takes is a high visibility jacked, clipboard and a plausible story of you being there to service something. Hospitals here at least actually have some decent security. almost all doors including the ones to the wards are usually locked with RFID readers and have to buzz to be let in. once even had to go though this whole thing with checks and everything to enter one but it was an intensive care unit.

Had a panic attack while dreaming. Woke up and realized i never set my alarm :sweat:

3 Likes

:frowning: it from stress or just a particularly bad dream? Last time I woke up in a panic attack was sweating everywhere and freaked out so much I wasn’t sure where I even was. Took me forever to calm the fuck down.

nah. It was because i never set my alarm

1 Like

lol still an equally frightening thing especially when you have to be up in the morning. I set soo many alarms that I’m afraid I’ll never get up.

1 Like

Just bought that as I got news back from the auto shop; they are an auto restoration place so know old cars well. The fuel pump is actually fine, just wasn’t tightened properly rofl. Oh well, previous numbnut owners.
But the carburetor is still the issue as far as I can guess; the new accelerator pump made it better but there is also a vacuum leak (the shop found that out). So, they’ll be working on fixing it and will let me know how that goes. So much less expensive than it could’ve been, as the old fuel pumps have no replacements anymore.
And I can return the electric fuel pump I got as well. Woot.
So now after the carb is fixed (and hopefully that fixes the sputtering out issues on the highway) and the muffler is installed, will be ready for the trip home. If it still has issues I’ll just rent a uhaul and tow it home, which would be expensive but more or less guaranteed to get it home. Really expensive though so would be a last case scenario. But I have the plan if all else fails.

Overall pretty excited to be leaving soon lol… Travis, Cali soon enough.

4 Likes

I’ve been wanting to listen to music with words lately but I want to take the time to make just 1 CD with a set theme. Once I get the list short out I’ll let you know the songs and you get the idea of the theme from that. I got a few songs to buy for it. Not many though and it won’t cost much.

1 Like

Woot. Defragging 13 laptops at the makerspace. Should hopefully speed them up a fair bit. Worst one was only 19% but thats still not great

2 Likes

what do you usally listen too?

good to hear. I need to work on my car at some point. Engine light has been blinking at me for the past several months. Cant even race a bus at this point :sob:

1 Like

RIP :sob: could it be from that time your entire engine block flooded?

1 Like

Nah. It was running bad before that. Just one of those problems that takes money i dont have

1 Like

ye with your new job though hopefully you can now get that fixed before too long?

Not at the very top of the list but its pretty high

1 Like

:oregano:

2 Likes

Ive got debt to pay off first but will be paying for a bit :smiley:

2 Likes

Film, Video Game, Television Soundtracks, and Philip Glass mostly. All music I’ve bought I think I have 12 days worth of music now… I don’t remember. Granted this is two decades worth of music.

As for Vocal, it’s kinda broad but here is a very small sample of the genre of artist I listen to:
David Bowie
Muse - When they were still good
Arcade Fire - When they were still good
Fray - Just their first Album
Within Temptation
Poets of The Fall
Nine Inch Nails
Rammstein
Rolling Stones
Simon and Garfunkel
Pink Floyd
Zack Hemsey

Intresting aside about Zach Hemsey you know that awesome trailer music for Inception… It wasn’t done by Hans Zimmer. It was done by Zach Hemsey and the song is called Mind Heist:

2 Likes

And was never used in the movie once.

3 Likes