The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

ye but trademarks are still enforcable after that if they are still in use

say how smith and wesson had to pay money to glock over their sigma series being direct rip offs(instead of like 90% the same) none of the other pistols on the market which are the same thing use the same technology, look exact the same, use their branding etc

ye but then courts get to define what is improved, i mean if you take fallout new vegas and put on a nude mod is that a different game now that every adult male model has been modified/replaced?

i mean on youtube right now they have like entire movie of lord of the rings or shrek whatever memes, where people edited the movie like every time shrek smiles it speeds up x% which is allowable in the current fair use definitions as it doesnt supplant the actual shrek movie they are distinct enough that you arent getting the same experience

mean that depending on the software even if they were mandated to give you a version, there is no guarantee it would even work, or in the context of the software/game make any sense, like the online game stronghold kingdoms its like an rts castle building thing but online, its 24/7 people can attack you when you go to sleep, not gonna be the same if you have a single player version, nor would it make sense to force them to let you resync your version to theirs to cheat or something

that it couldnt be mandated that they have to give you the same experience off line, since in some cases thats not possible

public domain movies and such are just not owned by anyone(think in some cases cant even be owned by somone, like cant just buy the rights after not sure) that people can upload/torrent, sell on dvd whatever they want any of that content

but they(the previous owners) dont have to provide you a copy

that feel like if that wasnt the in a million years alter its public domain, if it was more like a trademark where you have to actually use/defend it to maintain ownership over the ip, and once you no longer do that tough tiddies its free game

that would be the point of the law though, to prevent it being one wherever possible by providing guidance as to the outcome of such a case

mean if it was left to judges, that one time a guy modified his tesla to remove over current protection so he could send more power to the motors to try and go faster, and it started on fire and killed his wife and kid

than any time after that you have modified firmware/softwares, and a car judge will just site that case, and your gonna have to uphill battle against massive company with unlimited lawyer budgets and the precedence against you because you wanted a better eq on the music player, so they dont have to do recall service on your car, or your insurance doesnt have to payout after a thing happened etc

like if you had a third party android os but the battery in your samsung 8 still blew up, is that your fault or samsungs?

like would have to describe things like if it effects the primary function of the device in a negative way, or makes it less safe etc. that when you lose liability its generally in the realm of, if you replaced it with buggy software and it became less reliable they arent liable for that unreliability, as opposed to any and all liability for manufacture defects or otherwise

if youā€™re gonna have protections for stuff like that anyways

least < would much rather have specifics as much as possible to prevent end run around shenanigans, getting buried in legal fees and endless appeals

Tech things Iā€™m research: Mess Routers, Containers, The Current State of Cloud Security.

Mess Routers - If I could go the route of Mess Routers and combine that with Switches, Iā€™d be really happy. Itā€™d allow me to use shorter cat5e cables for my devices. I have a scary level of OCD when it comes to setting up a network: diagram, setting a new ip address, mac filter for access to router so only I can get on it with a secure password, isolating the guest network that has itā€™s on set of passwords, etc. Research is still in progress.

Containers - Itā€™s really neat all the things that can be done with Containers. Iā€™ve really enjoyed digging into this tech and learning about it.

The Current State of Cloud Security - Iā€™m only in the initial phase of this research.

2 Likes

Me:

I thought Microsoft had abandon Perfect Dark. Looks like they are bringing it back with the more realistic updated vision of the original and it looks like a hard reboot. Anime influence of zero is gone which Iā€™m for. Wait and see on this on. This is beyond hype for me.

3 Likes

A new Conker would be dope too.

2 Likes

Film news we are getting a New Indiana Jones. Now here is the thing Itā€™s not going to be Directed by James Mangold who has directed: Walk the Line, 3:10 to Yuma (The really good remake), Logan, and Ford v Ferrariā€¦ so it has potential to be a good film. Wait and see.

1 Like

Mell I hawe a new mission. This company a friend of mine works at is like end of commodore levels of bad. So, Imma fuck withem. Got a good sniff tonight. Gotta see if I can snorf some shit tomorrow morning.

lel watch some video testing random settings on cyberpunk looks pree bad kinda, like generic lighting nvidia bs try to make it look cool assload of god rays from a partially parted shades and just generic light in the entire window thats visible, like cant see out the window, maybe if you run up close or something?

else idk meng seems pree 2010 or somethin
edit: i mean even old ass games have the illusion of looking at the window with like a sprite showing outside

hopefully some patches give biiig performance boosts or somethin atleast

I messed up during black friday and accidentally bought a extra server (whoops lol). Im thinking about setting up a minecraft server where the game slowly increments through the versions until it arrives at the latest version. Would be about a month at the first version to straighten ourselves out as i expect it to be VERY jarring

Anyone interested with this?

2 Likes

I always hate it when that happens. So annoying, ugh. Like, what am I doing with all those extra servers I accidentally ordered again?
:stuck_out_tongue: :rofl:

1 Like

Ok callmecarson

Ms fuckin woops 22k missingoh well

1 Like

I make money. Ill probably be fine. If not i have a place i can place myself into stasis

Itll be fun though. You should try it when i get it coded

3 Likes

Anyone got a good guide on how to set up VFIO? Windows 8 is nice to play games on but I miss some of my apps and i3.

depends, what distro are you using? VFIO setups can vary quite a bit between them.

Thing I donā€™t like with what Iā€™ve found on Mesh Network Routers so far:
Most Iā€™ve found are geared toward using a phone appā€¦ Nope. All the nope. I set up my routers through my computer by an internet cable off the internet till I secure it, this is not something I will compromise on. Iā€™ll keep digging to see if I can find one that does meet my standards.

1 Like

This is unfortantely the thing with most mesh networking gear same with the Unifi AP I have. The only option to configure them is either with the phone app or the controller software which is a badly coded java app. can I just have a web interface for each of the units in the mesh that I can configure directly?

1 Like

One thing I could do is make my own mesh network with the base router I have and wi-fi extenders to switches. This is the road my research is leading me to.

1 Like

I donā€™t have much experience with wi-fi extenders but that does seem like a much better option than having to rely on some phone app for your network. least this way you can be confident on how they work.

1 Like

I donā€™t care?

well then take your pick. For Fedora this is quite good, Iā€™m also very familar with how todo VFIO on Fedora so if you have any troules just ask and Iā€™ll try and help.

If you want to use pop os use this:

For Arch/Manjro the arch wiki for PCI passthrough should get you started:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF

if you want to use nixos I wrote a guide a while ago on this forum but it should still be up to date.

Writing fiction is now on a hard pause:
Simple version - I want to write but there are various and complex life matters that take a greater precedent and time to deal with. Iā€™ll get back to writing when I can.

3 Likes