The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Seriously I’m moving out on my own in the next bit get the fuck out of there PLEASE

If everyone everywhere wasn’t mormonand stupid, sure

Man I been WAITIN for this.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand dissappointed.

lel here they pull their mask off so they can yell at you for not wearing your mask

you know yelling the thing that makes it project like 10x farther than if you just talked or didnt say anything

So…I’ve slept for 17h. No idea why. Wasted a whole day.
My ext. HDD didn’t arrive today which is also a bummer.

But two new manga volumes arrived today, so this is nice.

3 Likes

nice

Not really. I feel like shit after sleeping for so long.
Dehydrated and my joints are stiff. I’m getting old.
And I still feel tired for several hours after waking up.

seems to happen whenever sleep too long

If i just get out of bed im not tired if i lounge in bed im tired af

but lounging and being warm is nicer than being cold

1 Like

Minor Update on Cyberpunk 2077 and Playing it:
I’ve placed this in the come back to later list… I encountered a bug that Broke the Story Immersion. There are other reasons I’m putting this aside. How long to plan to put off playing? Honestly don’t know but at the minimum 3 months but it’ll probably be longer.

So what am I playing instead: Well Control to work on making those 4k Wallpapers and Star Wars Squadrons. I actually just play the 2nd game for the story. I do have other games I can play through.

2 Likes

I honestly have no idea what people were expecting from a game that got delay after delay after delay. They even delayed it even confirming multiple times that it would no longer get delayed

Example

https://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2020/10/Screenshot-2020-10-27-132026.png?fit=bounds&width=640&height=480

https://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2020/10/Screenshot-2020-10-27-131913.png

This should have been setting off multiple red flags many months ago. Constant delays, No more crunch but crunch continues anyway and the strict and shady way of doing pre-release reviews. Even the witcher 3 was a buggy mess at the start but became one of the best games released so far. Give it 6-9 months and it will be in a much better state. What will make or break this game being a cultural thing is if they can really get those massive game breaking bugs under control quickly

1 Like

having played the game for around 50 hours its clear it was rushed late in development too and they didn’t release the game they wanted. There are very definite features that were cut from the game that you can still see remnants of with dialog options and other hints in the world. The game’s fun and while I’ve had less trouble with it than some I really think the game should’ve probably had another year to at least to iron out the issues and implement the cut features and content.

1 Like

From the report I’ve read… it’s very bad and clear this was all on managements. The devs warned and told management several times there timelines were/are unlreleastic.

Yeah. That triple crunch didn’t help either. Think about the game got delayed 3 times and the devs were working through crunch that whole time. No one no matter how talented working in burnt out conditions will lead to mistakes.

It’s very bad for CD Projekt Red - Their Brand is tarnished. Rebuilding it is going to take serious time.

On top of this is the Multiplayer Cyberpunk… which I suspect might be in development. No one should even consider playing or buying that one.

This has turned into a fascinating thing to watch - the fall out, the denial, the rage, etc.

3 Likes

And everyone is surprised everytime hype burns them

1 Like

although didnt that not comeout until release(probably because nda), that hiding console version etc

doesnt that even include stuff they explicitly stated when they were doing the previews and stuff?

I have no idea. I purposely went into the game without know very much about it, all I do know is there’s systems there that were definetely surpsoed to be there but aren’t right now.

harder to find stuff now since is out so swamps out the old videos lol

but random ex:

did mention specific classes and stuff before, then usual downgrade of visuals and such, like number of npcs/supposed super good ai etc

the things they seemed to have added is stuff that wasnt at all in the original game pitch, like your mandatory keanu best pal(as not exactly many choices when you have to take him)

add rtx then downgrade almost everything else, substantial reduction in npcs, vehicles then publicly shown working builds of the game already had. terrible optimization and poor graphics without rtx on like garbage tier lighting with minimal shadow casting, like in say dirt where you turn on the ray traced shadows and its almost imperceptible difference, is because they actually did the full lighting, and then added dxr as an option. in 2077 seems like a you get low lighting, or you turn on rtx to get the full lighting cause they never did the normal lighting(to the standard of any good/decent looking game pre dxr like even dx10 games can have real time shadows from point lights and such, where in 2077 dont get shadows on like a static bench see: digital foundry 2077 dxr whatever)

dunno wasnt following it that closely since looked the combat wasnt so gud(which for me puts it back burner wait til its 10$ or high seas it at best)

1 Like

Translation from the Gamestar.de article. And I doubt the original author had that much experience.

4h of play time to judge a whole game. justifies removed content/features as a means to save on budget and time.
yeah, sure. in this case it was just a way to rush the game to the market.
fuck cdpr’s management team and the ones who ordered the rush+crunch.

ye mean if they want to argue the net runner skill tree or whatever is the techie they just changed the name

but with a companion bot part of a skill tree, prolly could do those skills thru it/have it have access to them or something, like stated you could direct link with the bot so see everthing its doing when its running on the ceiling

for stealth missions and stuff prolly pretty big gameplay change, at a minimum watered it down by merging with other tree(s) or something

1 Like