The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

The page with all the commands.

oh ye pretty cool, has some random ones that arent available in windows 10 i think, part of some system internal suite you could download from ms

and on linux etc, but in general pretty good info/examples, just not all the programs may be present on those sytems/on whichever version(s)

1 Like

11-147-053-16
thinkin do something like this maybe, 4 140s on the raised part, and 3 120s on the top vents, also drill some big holes, and then block the unused part at the front thats over the 5.25in/3.5in hdd bays anyways

the green box over the x is approximation of the size but dunno til get it how big exactly those raised stand off bits are/how large the red box margin is compared to the actual fan body

but is a chance that one corner will miss the raised bit and have to order extra long screws like m10x~30mm or something to go from the flat all the way past the raised bit to the fan frame

pree overkill tho with the 120s, and the back one prolly do mostly nothing, although guess would be if think of it like a high pressure zone(since all intakes) that would prevent the air from the more right 2 120s, from just going towards the left into the empty space/not high pressure zone, and force it more directly towards mobo/up out the case, other than that prolly just bit more airflow on the left vrm/io shield area

but then this setup now seems to work pretty good, running like 4~4150mhz on all core if i do handbrake for a movie or something like 70~73c on 3950x with aircooling all 32 threads, which seems pretty good compared to base clock of 3500, and only got a x370 so dont even got all the turbo stuff it can do

kinda sux waiting to see if they ship my damn cig lighter for my pc case lel

had ordered from them before on amazon before, so unless place closed shop or somethin other than if didnt catch an outdated listing/out of stock thing

How much power does it pull from the PSU?

not that much lol

like 6-9amps on 12v

pree sure has like 9amp fuse on the thermaltake one, so prolly starting at like 6 and ramping down as it heats up

Would it be noticeable on a weaker psu? like one that’s close in wattage to what the gpu/cpu use during peak load?

prolly if was close, be like 60~80w for a second/couple maybe

but got 1300 doin nothin usually, only got a 3950 and a vega, so does like 350~400w max* when game or something

Anyone got any thunderbolt hubs they recommend

I’ll probably just grab the owc tb3 m1 hub if i cant find anything

Ill wait to order it

emailed cig lighter guy, responded right away, they couldnt find one but their system says they have 2, so will email me if they find one i guess lol

got case in is yuge

also +1 to respect towards rosewill, the front io board easily unscrews, with big ass hole in top of case it ran the entire loom thru, all the parts screw onto the board/ cables have connectors with hotsnot, so can easily desolder the pots, remove the fan wires, install a little plate or somethin to block the hole idk

2 Likes

had a random handle/air vent on back of the top behind the beetle shell/fin bits

but had a reinforcement rib or somethin blockin air, so snapped out that little bit/nibbled it with side cutters, used some of the flat spots to super glue in for now atleast, to cover the holes, has leds on those side strips, power and hdd, and the thor letters light up too, so not sure what would use those spots for/whatever but can do stuff in future if want i guess

had to order so many fans, ended up decided to just do 2 140s at the top instead of the 3 120s on the side panel, filters, some long screws, needed 3 more 120s too, but das money doin bunch noctua redux like 7 140, 3 120, already have 3 120, and 3 140 should show up with ram which went out of stock apparently so lucky timing i guess get last one basically :stuck_out_tongue:

and more of them weird splitters no one seems to want to make anymore, where it has pwm passthru, but has sata or molex to power the fans, since mobo headers arent so strongk, powering like 4 1500rpm 140s would easily go past normal cpu header, will see if anything weird happens like trying to drive too many fans from one signal might have to use another header or something it fans go weird speed/is too loud cause goin full speed or something

edit: also the random tray above power button kinda nice, has rubbery pad, current case has similar thing but its just hard plastic and has the io/buttons in the tray, kinda nice for like linux flash drive or whatever

1 Like

ok so im impressed by the airpods pros they grab more sub bass then expected

droid invasion of Naboo has alot of sub bass in the start alot of flat sounding paper headphones suffer and its a nightmare when anything applies a eq that touches anything bass so imo still subjective but i am enjoying my overall experience

1 Like

das alot of headphones/most in general :X. or maybe i has weird hearing idk lol

for me lots of sounds have a low frequency harmonic/just the air itself moving maybe when somethin happens, like if you knock on a door theres the timbre of like knuckle on the wood, but also a way lower thud of the door moving/whooshing, same if like fire a gun in a game or somethin should be a low thud from pressure wave too, or if like tap side of your head with knuckles

that for music usually just gets clipped out for guitar/vocals and stuff, but lots of headphones/car setups dont do those sounds good, is just above range where is audible i guess idk

but thats why made headphones :X have special ears

1 Like

i expected it to be alot less and my sens are great old hd201’s i need new cups but ive had em for years and hands down still my go to for over ear

but with apple actually using lossless files in their music app (Spotify is garbo for this imo it sounds different enough i can hear some compression)

i hate not haveing a headphone jack ( making me get a lightning amp dac was a good thing) but the airpods are doing better then expected

dunno how much that matters exactly, mean can get bad stuff with mis match sampling rates and stuff weird bubbly noises and stuff, or if super low bitrate, but then when people watch blurays and stuff dont hear that many complaints usually

like when get into reality of a dvd having 5.1 channels of audio using a codec from 1995 with only like 640kbps, or 192kbps if only the 2 channel, 320kpbs mp3 is prolly fine

1 Like

While it really depends on ur ears me i just have a opinion it does

< mean have seen bunch of moaning about ogg/flac, but then some the same people running expensive ass surround setups running ac3 and arent like i cant watch lord of the rings my ears just hear shit, running lossy compression with like ~100kb per channel

feel like speakers/setup in general the big deal with the dac/audio format(assuming isnt super low bitrate or something) is like final percent/ diminishing returns in most cases

like if you got gud speakers and cabs, can run tapes and vinyl and it sounds good just get crackly/pops, staticy, where if you had zero compression 48bit wav or something wont do anything if your speakers sucked

dunno :x dumb waiting for fans and stuff with yuge box -.-

Roots update:

Got a damascus steel ridge wallet for the lulz
Purchased some aviators
Got some oakley’s.
Purchased a new luxury suit

Got more great looking casual wear

Got some tactical wear

Services I’ve replaced after building up my network (see blog)

Netflix
Hulu
Vudu
HBO
Spotify/Qobuz
GitHub
Google drive
DNS
NTP
Google Photos
Google News
Bitwarden (with bitwardenrs self hosted)
2FA - Switched to yubikey and bwRS
Online libraries (I made my own with calibre)

I no longer have any subscriptions save amazon because they are logistically useful

Now to work on grafana + graylog + monitoring to replace cockpit

Email will come after that (although I’ll retain gmail for junk, tuta nota for secure stuff, and protonmail for anonymous stuff)

5 Likes

Personal update:

Enjoying single life

Banging bitches

Running out of condoms :roll_eyes:

The usual