The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Really great piece of software for password management that doesnt result in being a fucking pain to setup.

2 Likes

didnt do analytics thing yet for server but think do it like

add a new number to control file for 1 or 0, like the scripted mode, to enable analytics or not

then add in
current total for how many segments it ran
life time total(format not sure yet, if same current then lifetime, or all current then all lifetime)
current time running segments/playing stuff
life time playing stuff
current sleep/low power wait mode
total sleep
current total time
life time total time

figure since already have sleep mode and stuff, could give more info maybe like how much time actually doing something vs, its just on but not doing anything, help decide if worth leaving it on all the time or having it power cycle etc

idk

Containers are nice. I run it in containers that are stored on my ZFS pool

2 Likes

ended up decided to do formatted likes

current:
# Segments
# Min Active
# Min Sleep
# Min Total

Lifetime:
# Segments
# Min Active
# Min Sleep
# Min Total

and decided option for it prolly not necessary since in most cases wont write to disk that many times, or would already be writing to disk fast anyways for position tracking and stuff

just gonna add a delay check for like minute interval, so would only update 1440 times a day so 2880 total writes of like 1 block, assuming any kind of wear leveling at all shouldnt be an issue for ssd since such small amount of data

I made some fudge

2cups of sweet chocolate chips
1 14oz can of sweeten condensed milk
1 dash of Vanilla
And some ground nutmeg to taste

Heat chocolate to melting
Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and ground nutmeg
Stir and mix quickly!
This should make a 8x8 1/2 in deep try of fudge
Line the tray with foil or parchment paper
Refrigerate for 6h and cut to size and serve

3 Likes

thought about adding errors to the analytics for a second but basically all the problems have had were testing stuff, or forget i renamed some stuff in the process of adding media or something

like add more episodes or somethin to a series and then rename all of them so the case matches so it sorts correctly, and forget i have to delete the list file, then run the command for the batch list script
(one the programs for adding lists and stuff have one can make a script of ones to add, that it individually adds all of them for the recursive(ish) function, can add every directory(only that one level) of the directory you point it at, have a list of directories its added so you can run the command to append the script by skipping all the previous ones, when script runs it does a special tag to skip the command if list already exists, so will just remake the one you deleted, then update the lists that list is in and good to go)

that it was trying to run a file that no longer exists, so will pop message file corrupt/incorrect permissions or somethin

that those type of problems are more user error, same if you accidentily chown the directory to root and can no longer read or somethin

the imac g5 wireless apple keyboard and mouse that are 16 years old just work on the mac mini im happy that it sees them its kinda cool

Screen scaling is omg amazing windos scaling is plebeian omg
Instead of changing resolution it has scaling options for the screen pushing the max the screen can
While not optimal it looks very very very good
My mac pro with a rx580 8gb i haven’t played with it in os11 so ill get to it

Also getting qemu working is a laugh for os9

Install rosette then homebrew then qemu and now on os9.2.2 install

Updating to 11.2.3 is taking forever

Removed image
The crt handles geometry so ill fix the scaling later but hahahahaha m1 on a 22 year old crt! I probably need a direct hdmi vga adapter to get it to work correctly

I fixed the geometry in on screen settings
The built in speaker is funny but a welcome addition

The amount of room inside is laughable

4k is crisp and pretty
I dont trust the network for 4k stream so i will download

Got sonic and wolfwalkers to watch

The tv handles the m1 well

4 Likes

they may have stolen or lost my ram dunno yet lol

Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 1.06.12 PM

got neofetch and more installed now i can actually use the system in fun ways

Ok now with parallels installed i have ubuntu arm installed and i hate windows but i will test its arm deploy for the m1

I hate microshit limited download speed for developer images i hate i still have my insider account from when i was in highschool got free vista copies and zunes lmao

Ubuntu vm was simple and fast to set up i will need to test more

Because of known issue in small number of m1s with ssd wearing i opted to get apple care it covers accident damage (living with a dog i want this) !

Once i have the windos image downloaded i can install it to a tb3 ssd and give you crystal mark info on the internal

Alot of that info seems all over and alot of differing results so im gonna try for my m1 particularly in vm and on external ssds

I might need this moved to its own thread

I have practically made a small review so far

omg kill me now!

I have the dongle collection and 90% i got for pc applications

3 Likes

either drew down the pwm signal from too many powered fan splitters and it thought was a short and mobo refused to turn on, or i had a short in a cable matters powered splitter idk yet

all i know is finally got the shiz workin and still has pwm just in 3 signals instead of 1,

also i lost out on one fan spot :confused: drilled the holes and everything and then stupid big chungus gpu too long or too thicc by like .5~1cm either way

so short 1 120mm

got it mostly choochin atleast, supposedly ram and other fans show up tomorrow(says showed up at post office finally atleast)

3 more 140s on side although short a filter an some long screws(have some nicer m4x20mm or whatever) if put a gasket, filter and grill too long with 1mm just strips out the fan usually cause only get tiny bit in, like not even 1 revolution

dont need gasket with longer screws tho since can pull tight properly so sits flatter anyways so prolly could do like 15mm but these work fine

still gotta block venting, maybe drill some holes in side panel and stuff so more airway for those top cpu facing 140s

but other than the gpu thing, although the one fan is now a gpu brace lol actually bending it up very slightly, but its not gonna keep goin up like when sags keeps dropping lower and lower, did get bunch more room for just doing stuff, like can actually remove the usb3 cable without moving anything else, instead of a tiny gap is like fist wide even with d15 fan, adding ram would just be annoyance of gpu very close and need a hook or somethin to unhook bottom part of fan, top can reach in good too case goes up like 2~3in before top where the top fans are, the 8 pin still pretty tight fit though

overall bretty gud, the grommets too soft rubber and pop out easy so have to be careful with them/push em back in, and not that many tie downs actually which is kinda random given the assload of grommets

like the entire atx motherboard, theres 0 tie downs in that entire area, just a couple on right in between the 2 rows of right grommets, some improv ones in the 5.25bay since removed the stupid tooless stuff got extra holes and stuff can pass from one row down to next and get a vertical loop

edit:
nvm on the bottom fan missing lol :stuck_out_tongue: found some smol diameter machine screws and just gonna do a stair case, like bolt thru the cage, thru the fan into the second fan which will be pretty meme-y

edit2:
found my spare bits and pieces from noctua premium fans coming with shit you dont even need until it comes in handy if you kept it, got another pwm splitter lol cause had to replace fan in my psu and evga said to f off instead of doing warranty service

2 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 12.06.49 PM

i need to stop this addiction

hopefully i will get the g4 upgrade for my cube

2 Likes

ram and rest of fans showed up, but last filter tomorrow maybe, but then no long screws for no idea how long

just have the no filter one unplugged for now, also got my meme fan installed like a staircase

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Politics Lounge [Free Hong Kong]

I don’t detect weed. Wtf. No weed in the fudge… what is going on here

@Dje4321 what. You not allow mp4s and stuff I had a great video meme dammit fine discord link

Who is this hot hammer… ooofff me… we can make an army annnnyy dayyy

Regular users are limited in what they can upload because storage isnt free, its a members server, and were not a video hosting site. Im already on the fence about storing a local copy of pictures incase the source is removed because they take up alot of space for something people look at 3-4 times

3 Likes

You self hosting? I mean I built a 24 TB server for next to nothing? Or are you using linode (arguably better than do or vultr) but still very expensive for storage

Seriously though. Whoever is speaking is fucking hot

server is donated by @Michael

3 Likes