The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

How does Inquisition compare to Origins?

1 Like

imo the mechanics and general gameplay is probably a little better on Inquisition due to it be as lot newer but damn is the story on Origins a masterpeice and overall I think it is a way better game for it.

1 Like

wasnt there some controversy about workplace harassment or some other thing that made people hate on it/ea in general too?

Possible. Don’t remember it, though.
What I do remember is people freaking out about being able to romance characters with the same gender.

Win7 32bit on a winXP at best era laptop, because why not lol. But also this is a pretty beefy laptop from 2005 or so. Gateway NX850 with pentium M and ati X700 and a 1440x900 display.

Interestingly despite having ddr2 can only use 2Gb (or possibly 3, but 4 definitely doesn’t work).

1 Like

my old p3 workstation had that much ram lol

had to part it out tho, would freak out linux so couldnt use it for much some built in raid card thing caused kernel panicked every time lol

but got some cool p3 xeon slot cpus and stuff i guess, them slow 550mhz ones but it had 2mb l2 per one so actually pretty good when factor 2 of them and vastly higher ipc than the p4 with the massive cache and all

Got this in the shop today for doing things with old systems that are here.

Also, the owner of the shop has a beamspring and I can see why they are so wanted by keyboard enthusiasts but the step up from model F to Beamspring is noticeable but really not worth the double to triple+ the price at least for me lol. He’s selling it or trying to at least for $2000 and that is what they go for usually especially the oddball ones like this one

Also got a few more XP/late 90s laptops that have all the parts. One is a thinkpad a31 which is kindof neat. P4 M despite having a PIII sticker on it. Will be fixing those up for the shop over the next few days. Hoped they all still work…

And got a AGP system to test the FX 5950 with but I’m probably not going to buy it just use it for testing as it’s one of the really expensive boards now. Will post that later when I set it up if it works.

1 Like

speakin of old numbers

too bad amd not meme enough to name the new cards same numbers as old ones :stuck_out_tongue: like rdna3 7970ghz xt or somethin

sup yo?

Got three Mac pros for $20 each, two 1,1 and one 2,1 for a project. Will probably make the 2,1 all nice from the parts of all three and then figure out what to do with the other two lol. The one I’m currently working with is a 1,1 that I’m pretty? Sure is a dual cpu model and happens to have 14gb ddr2.

Other than that work has been insanely busy, shipped like 40 laptops in a week.
How have you guys been?

nm getting closer to final day at second job then more time for games and shiz.

mostly it really lol.

nothing new with pc or anything, other than annoyance from obs with recording if my fps drops below 60(but still above my freesync range) then still pretty bad screen tearing on the recording since it does locked 30/60 at like static interval, but pretty sure thats a streaming thing, and that you cant have variable frame rate etc
edit 2:

apparently prices finally coming down on 6900xt a little bit some models like 14~1599 on newegg were like 2k>, should be like ~1100, but then got people buying like 3060s and shit for like 500 when should be 4, percentage wise similar i guess

but prob getting too late where now it might just be wait and deal save up hope for a prerelease on a 7900 or somethin

brought the what turned out to be a 3,1 home and after playing with it some, have a quadro 5000 on the way as well as got a lucky deal on a mac 5770, 4870 and x1900XT with 16gb (4x4) of the FBdimm DDR2, for a total of $90. quadro 5000 will end up being the main card in it but needed the 5770 as to update the OS it needs a mac EFI card and the quadro 400 in there now doesn’t like the dosdude patcher for updating to Sierra or High Sierra (currently has El Capitan). after it’s all done though will be a … fairly decent mac, 24gb ram and dual 2.8ghz quad core xeons, and quadro 5000 on High sierra with a 128gb SSD and one of my old 4tb Seagates in it for digitizing a bunch of slides and working with macbooks/etc as it does targetboot and target display on most macs with both Firewire 400 and 800 on it.

sadly both of the other mac pros are 1,1 so not sure what I’ll do with them yet and they are a pain to ship being massive all aluminum cases. might mod one of them into a PC or something, lol.

I might stop by the recycling place that had the mac pros and see if there is any other stuff of interest, or not. they do have a lot of old terminals and things, which wouldn’t be that interesting except some are ancient so they have neat mechanical keyboards sometimes.

1 Like

memory is annoying sometimes lol

like they were all on about how steam deck has quad channel, then if you look up the memory, its gimped like cellphone memory thats vastly slower the lpddr5 is only 32bit instead of 64 lol, so basically only dual channel with the quad, besides more overhead of having more banks w.e.

ended up ordering meme 6900xt lol

apparently now my post time is fast again lol

1 Like

Haven’t ended up getting around to the recycling place but the 3,1 is pretty much maxed out now. Anything more than this is mostly pointless price wise so.

it really doesn’t like the dosdude patcher despite being perfectly capable of now running the patched versions of up to 10.15, might play with Opencore instead. Also have a cheap pcie to USB 3 and type C card to see if it’s just the crappy old usb 2.0 making it crash.
Could always run linux or windows instead as well.

Some neat stuff at work, a max spec Precision m6300 which sold in a day because it has a relatively nice core 2 duo and a Quadro FX 3600m and 1920x1200 display so I guess someone is going to do some vintage games or… something? On it

Also a PowerBook g4 15” 1.67 ghz that is absolutely trashed but still somehow works

1 Like

had a cool work retarded amount of hours while quarantining to quarantine someone else immediately after was supposed to be dropping down to one job so i havent had a day in like 2.5weeks and wont til sat lol

so far 4 of the 6 laptops i got work, still need to grab some actual dell branded psus to have them properly one but the g4 1.33ghz 17" is working besides needing a hard drive. And the tiny Asus laptop with the simplified chinese XP version also works. Nice.

Putting Sorbet Leopard on the G4 right now, using a 32gb flash drive split into a 24 and 8gb partitions, 8gb for the installer 24 for the OS for now. Will pick up one of the MSata to IDE adapters and some cheap msata drive for it but for now, it will work for testing out the OS and such. Should be interesting as it’s basically a version of 10.5 but stripped of all the things that make it slow on powerPC and with some added certs from High Sierra to make websites at least load, and a PPC appstore amongst other features compared to the normal version.

any tadpoles or anything yet? :stuck_out_tongue:

gotta get some new hdds tho soon need mow space

Hey yall. How you doing?

Sorry ive been away for a while. Been stupid busy with work and life

2 Likes

hey welcome back, things have mostly been quiet here recently though that’s probably due to the holidays and stuff.

1 Like

dropped down to the one job finally kicked in, so more time so far just more game recording, catching back up on backups and stuff

so far added bunch stuff, recomputed some lists where necessary, made couple new ones

did a simple bug fix for md5rcmp(the recursive hash comparator thing) added detection for trailing / in the given arguments, in that if you give /mnt/mnt1 /mnt/mnt2/, those will not be the same results, but thats more of a user error/slip up in minutiae,

ex:

if you do cp -r /mnt/mnt1 /mnt/mnt2 is different then cp -r/mnt/mnt1/* /mnt/mnt2, the first copying the entire directory into the other as a sub directory like /mnt/mnt2/mnt1 instead of prompting/overwriting if those were the same contents or in the -u skipping the same files

but this is designed to be pointed at the directory/mount point, not inside it, so will just say dont do that, instead of wasting the time generating the hashes for them to not go thru properly in comparison

think prob make a program(most likely just modify md5rcmp) prolly as a new name dunno yet, to just compare the actual names/directory tree and stuff for a faster check, like have i updated this data set to include the new files or not, or name changes whatever

edits:
got it workin mostly just gotta decide eventually for cross compatibility with the snaps from the md5(could do sha2 or something ez), but might be a pain more than worth prolly

when not using a snap and you just run it, it still has access to the named mount points and stuff you gave, if changed format to have a header(first line) with just the mount point could work i guess, as being easier than trying to detect the mount point by analyzing the file(as cant just go off last / or something since different sub dirs, would have to like check the entire list and only do the one that matches all of the files). then it would be easy enough to add in how many characters to exclude as the md5 etc are usually fixed length.

main thing being the usefulness is significantly reduced in this mode, being the generating the hashes is the part that takes long, it would take longer for the program to verify the name/paths then it would to verify the haseshes, like avg length of 50~150 instead of 32, and whole point being that this is multiple orders of magnitude faster then generating the hashes to do a basic double check did i remember to do backups or whatever

sort of a do backups/renames whatever all the stuff in theory done, run this on my ahtlon 200ge running from a wd blue 2tb like just under 30 seconds to verify 48k file names, actually do the hashes is like 90min or something, so basically dont run hashes until you run this first since just waste of time if it isnt the same data set

although hash one doesnt verify names explicitly like this one does, in that if it sorts the same it would still pass, like if you had */Bladerunner/ or */BladeRunner/ even if you had */Blade/ and */Blade 2/ as the r capital or not would always be after the space in alphabetic sorting, so if you had later part of the file name/hash be different like if it was blade 720p and you changed to blade but that is something could mess up other commands/usage being most stuff in *nix is case sensitive and the like

edits2:
guess decided no cross compatibility with snapshots and stuff since would take longer to verify anyways in most instances so no point for that, but also prolly change the output and stuff, other one doesnt leave behind all the stuff if it fails being the snapshot would be worthless, where in this case prolly change it to be the opposite, leave behind nothing on success, other than saying it passed, other wise leave behind as much as possible to help figure it out

prolly add in a earlier check to see how many files there are and stuff, also gotta change up some the output, as other one has hash printed before the file name, where this one is just full path and file name, but for comparison purposes we have to remove the given mount point/paths as those would obviously fail mnt1 v mnt2 etc, so have to add some more char strings to build the output string or something, maybe add a counter to be able to reset the files to rescan the line instead so its faster

also gotta relook at my code for the verbose one in general forgot how verbose it is XD. but also adapt that to this other setup, but think in most instances the regular mode should work pretty good, getting a list of how many files, and a line number(basically) where the lists start to differ

assuming you run this when you are doing backups/right after you think you are done to verify, then to create a snapshot etc, you would already be able to narrow down to the more recent data change(s), and have a number of how many didnt go etc to the whatever one you forgot/accidentally deselected while copy pasting or something

but that type of stuff is primarily where the issues come from anyways, bit rot more of a slow over time deal one file at a time usually, which is what snapshots are for, so you can look at the hash over time if you discover a mismatch in some data sets just extra chance to tell which one is the non corrupted one

1 Like