The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

@Dje4321 whats the way best to compile a kernel for Fedora? I’ve done some digging and looks like I can pass through one of my usb controllers if I apply the ACS patch but I’ve always had trouble getting a custom kernel to work on Fedora.

pretty sure you just compile it and just move the compiled kernel /boot and make a grub entry for it

1 Like

neat. do you know how to get that working with the nvidia drivers? whenever I’ve compiled a mainline kernel on Fedora could never get it to load the drivers.

iirc just move it into /usr/src/kernels

1 Like

Thanks, will try that and see how it goes.

Final Fantasy XV is out…

I’ll get on my next pay check. I’ll probably just play the multiplayer only. By the Way The PC one at $50 has all the DLC that has come out for it on console. Also Square Enix is going to support Modding for it with official mod tools which they have never done before. At first it’s just going to be clothes and then do more… what the more means I have no idea. But the fact they are supporting modding for a Final Fantasy game is a big deal. If it does well maybe they’ll do it for the other ips they own like Tomb Raider and Deus Ex… [Though OG Deus Ex has modding the new one doesn’t. Well not officially…]

Anyway FF XV looks pretty so it could end up on my ReShade Photography Session Livestream though Rise of Tomb Raider is after Hellblade. And then Alan Wake which no one can buy anymore but it has a real free camera mode so I can do some crazy stuff but it would just be call Photography Session for Alan Wake. You see ReShade doesn’t currently work with Alan Wake out of the box. I may be able to get it working but I’ll need to do a dive and stuff…

end rambling.

3 Likes

Did they patch the performance issues GamersNexus made some videos about?

2 Likes

Shrugs.
I don’t know. AMD did release a Driver Patch for FF XV though.
No new driver yet for Nvidia but their FFXV Driver came out on Feb 27.

2 Likes

INB4 driver disables gameworks for better FPS

1 Like

Yes sorta, the two main issues were that they were rendering hairworks when it wasn’t even on the screen and multiple other objects in the distance, the demo of FFXV didn’t render hairworks in the distance but does still render other object but at a much lower resolution that the impact is minimal at best.

1 Like

Didn’t GN show some yaks or something in the distance where hairworks was still active on the fur?

2 Likes

Yes that is correct but it wasn’t just yaks it was anything that used hairworks but Square fixed this in the demo and GN did a followup video where it clearly shows that hairworks wasn’t rendered in the distance even though it was enabled.

also Firefox literally crashed three times writing this XD

make that 4, maybe Firefox doesn’t like it when I’m compiling the Linux kernel

1 Like

Oh shiiiit. Someone overdid it with the stunt effects in Django.

Summary

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/e/e5/Tumblr_mgwd7aXpus1qgcytco4_500.gif

When Monsieur Candy’s sister gets shot from the side she flies straight back like if someone - probably - pulled her back with some wire setup. Kinda silly looking.

Ending is a bit meh. I know Tarantino likes cliché but that explosion scene just didn’t match the rest of the movie. Same with quite a few parts of the soundtrack. And a shame Schultz died…

Bit overrated imo. Good movie, really liked the first half, second one…kinda didn’t have that certain something.

1 Like

So I was cooking pizza in the oven and kinda forgot about it :frowning:

5 Likes

I give that :like: out of :like::like::like::like::like:

2 Likes

:put_litter_in_its_place:

4 Likes

Evening, lads!

Guten Abend.

1 Like

3 Likes

5 Likes