The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Speaking of expensive things, vega 64 is down to “only” $600 on eBay now. For the reference one.
1080s are about the same, somewhat less though.

1 Like

I also saw an RX 480 4gb for $240 and almost bought it … But it was a 4gb and I need that 8gb one to run 4k a lot better so.

Either that or keep waiting to get a 1070 or vega on the cheap… Hmmmm. Lol.

My MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8G was ~300€ when I bought it. Shortly before the mining craze started to pick up.

2 Likes

I remember when the MSRP of the RX 480 was around £220 for the 8GB model at launch :frowning:

2 Likes

Was it ever sold for that?

On the very first day before stock ran out yes. I remember because I had almost exactly £220 at the time and really almost bought one but decided not to and soon after the price got hiked up big time but looking back still not nearly as bad as now.

1 Like

Reference cards iirc yes. Custom ones were always more expensive (like $20-80 more)

But as @Michael said they were very popular at launch, even without mining being a thing lol

2 Likes

Hmmm. I could start reading this again… Then again. Its from when the Pentium was new lol so may not be that helpful.

Also. Probably will be at least playing NWN later, not sure on streaming but could be amusing.

1 Like

Also just realized. The 15" elitebook I have has a Radeon 7570m and no Intel graphics

Maybe I can get linux running well on it without fiddling with the GPU switching on it lol… Which would be nice. Solus doesnt like the HP standard Wi-Fi card though so I may go with Ubuntu Budgie instead. Just because software + drivers.

2 Likes

My laptop has Radeon graphics with no intel iGPU and works pretty well on Solus. Can even play some games on it without much issue, I did switch out the awful broadcom for an intel wifi card I had laying around though.

What’s up my dudes

1 Like

3 Likes

How about no

Hello
I’m just about done at work, then not sure. Probably play videos or video games, either one lol

2 Likes

Hey, Just messing around with web development trying to get some css to work correctly.

2 Likes

Lol. Need a drink for that one. Relevant screencap
At least it wasnt suh dudes

3 Likes

Sounds fun if it works

1 Like

I could change that

But, y tho

3 Likes