What are you currently playing?

At the 2nd big boss in Darksiders.

Waiting for people at work to catch up. The only game on my phone.

4 Likes

What other game could you possible want on a phone if you already have Vice City.

1 Like

The 3rd big boss in Darksiders is the coolest imo.

The Stygian is one big bad worm.

decided to fire up KoTOR II in 4k on a whim and its glorious

2 Likes

went all out for the skyrim mods…

the original, high quality screenshots are 4k and are 24MB each, rofl… these are converted to jpg so they look a lot less nice but… meh.

3 Likes

MY WRIST HURTS.

2 Likes

Kingdoms of Amalur
Starting with a new character. Lets see how far I can get until I toss it to the side like I did with Darksiders…

I stole a police car and the good ole glitch where the game spawns like entities went haywire lol

Then had some fun doing flips.

3 Likes

Played half life 1 start to finish. Started with Black Mesa which was really well done. It stops at the end of Lambda Core then I picked up the remainder with the original hl1. Black mesa is supposed to have zen and final release this summer. I’ll probably replay zen just to see whattheyve done with it.

Now I’m on hl2 about half done, then hopefully ep 1 and 2.

3 Likes

Is soo much hype with it. Final level is getting a final art pass so its super close to being released. (Week 3-4 of june probably)

They completely redid it. Is almost 6-7 hours worth of new stuff incoming

2 Likes

That’s awesome, about doubling the play time of the last few levels.

Having a lot of fun with it, havent played any of them for probably 8 years or more. Hoping for a new addition after the valve index is released.

1 Like

It has already been confirmed that the next Half Life game is HLVR, they’ve been working on it for a long time and also Boneworks which is very much in the vein of what I’d expect a Half Life game in VR to be and its on the master list, the only none Valve game todo so and looks very interesting.

As for more traditional Half Life games there are community projects in the works such as Project Borealis and Boreal-Alyph which are based on Epistle 3.

1 Like
2 Likes

Diablo 3
Season 18 started on Friday. Unfortunately there are no new cosmetic wings as a reward for doing the season journey. Only some banner and a portrait frame.
Already got it now there’s only the colored ranks left…but I don’t really care about those.

2 Likes

My summer car…

I have a very love-hate relationship with this game…

1 Like

Played some Titan Quest Anniversary Edition yesterday and today but the story telling is kinda lacking.

Thinking of trying Path of Exile but it looks really intimidating. So complex, especially coming from simpler games like Diablo 3.

1 Like

Played some Path of Exile. I don’t think I like it that much.

One thing I dislike is that you don’t learn skills but acquire them through gems you put in sockets in your gear. You can augment their effectiveness and add effects by putting support gems into linked sockets.

You get points that you can spend with each level-up. The board for the nodes is huge and you basically need to know what path you want to go on the board cause fuck ups are hard/impossible to correct the more you progress. Reminds me a lot of the sphere board in Final Fantasy X.

Overall it looks like a huge time sink and while it’s F2P there are microtransactions (mostly cosmetic shit but those are expensive, for example, there’s a pack that gets you also a physical hoodie and t-shirt and digital content but it’s over 400€).

Maybe I’ll come back to it from time to time but it’s unlikely that I’ll invest much time in it.

2 Likes

American Truck Sim and started Destiny 2 last night.

Gonna start Euro Truck Sim 2 sometime soon, but I want to stream that when I do get around to it.

2 Likes

Surprisingly, still PoE.
I still don’t like the skill system. And yet, I find myself coming back. Maybe I’m hoping that the endgame content will be better (cause in Diablo 3 leveling isn’t that great either without sets and all the necessary skills/runes still locked).

They should’ve gone a different route with the distribution imo. F2P is nice and all but some of the microtransactions are hella expensive. 50 tokens for 4,40€, 200 for 17,60€. Some of the cosmetics cost 300-400 tokens. ~40€ for some fucking cosmetics wings or pets or visual spell effects.
I know, this is how they keep funding the development and maintenance of the game but a model like 30€/$ for the base game and some other editions that give you ingame crap, and lower ingame stuff prices would be much better imo.
Then again, the game’s not dead and the single biggest rival for Diablo 3 in the aRPG genre, so it seems to work for the studio.

But there’s this feeling/atmosphere about F2P games that get their funding from microtransactions. It feels weird and kinda “incomplete” when all those (often just cosmetic shit) is behind an expensive paywall.

Really makes me angry at myself that I didn’t redeem those freebies Twitch sometimes gives Prime users for games. Missed out on 3-4 cosmetic packs (and packs like that seem to cost ~200 tokens on average).

Currently leveling a Mage and I want to go the Elementist route (don’t really like playing Necromancers or Occultists in games).
Might check out the Ranger after that or a melee class for some change.

But yeah, despite me not liking a lot of stuff about the game I keep coming back and it weirds me out.