The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

Neat. These 2 posts will catch you up on whats been going on

Is this a stock discourse install?

Hi Novasty

1 Like

Yes. Need to reinstall a few plugins (Staff notes, BBcode, and a few others)

2 Likes

Interesting, dayum that happened during a stressful event for me.

1 Like

ye. Alot went on here. @wolfleben won the contest

We have a NSFW and politics category that is locked behind a opt-in group

1 Like

Iā€™ve already opted in to both.

4 Likes

Well RIP delivery.

2 Likes

time to complain?

I honestly believe those concerns are valid. I canā€™t test for it because my Epic launcher is a dev build [cause I test for epic Unreal Engine] and I have no way of knowing if my version is the same or not. Epic has made some big misteps and they havenā€™t addressed the concerns really.

Iā€™ve contacted my contact at Epic but I havenā€™t gotten anything back yet.

1 Like

Supernatural is ending with Season 15

I okay with this. It has had a fun long run. Iā€™ll also be able to watch the seasons on bluray [I own all the ones that are out] and it is great for rewatch.

1 Like

I finally got my warranty replacement for my broken controller after 5 and a half weeks. I would complain about the long time I had to wait, but considering if I had bought a first party pro controller I wouldnā€™t have even been able to get a replacement.

2 Likes

It should have ended with season 5.
Anything past that is an insult to the show.

I consider everything after 5 as fluff. Some of the fluff is entertaining and good. Others were okay. But yeah season 1 to 5 are the only seasons that need to be watched.

1 Like

I finished my 3rd replay of Dragon Age Inquisition. This game takes a a bit to replay. There is way too much dead areas [nothing happening, traveling]. I still believe the level designs are poorly designed. Now I can focus on replay of KOTOR, Granted wonā€™t be doing too much replay. Iā€™ll be focused on other things.

1 Like

Itā€™s probably not enough for a whole thread (or maybe it is?) but Iā€™m curious what you guys carry around with you on a daily basis (often called EDC)?

For me itā€™s

• keys
  • phone (Moto G 3 in a Supcase Unicorn Beetle)
  • Litexpress Pen Power 100 (soon to be replaced)
  • Leatherman Style CS + Freestyle
  • Bic lighter
  • no-name card holder
  • Fila wallet (fabric, holding up for ~15 years now)
  • Tombow pen/brush pen + small notebook
  • pack of tissues, glasses wipes
  • messenger bag
1 Like

For me things I almost always have with me its:

• keys
  • wallet with a hole in that Iā€™m too lazy to replace
  • phone (LG G5)
  • messenger bag
  • usually some gum or mints
  • Inhaler
  • Phillips head screwdriver
  • headphones (either in-ears or my AKGs but it depends)
  • also my power bank and volta cable so I can be the battery carrier for my family XD

Also my laptop and switch but I only take those if Iā€™m going on a long journey or know Iā€™ve got a lot of waiting to do.

1 Like

Sayā€¦how crazy are the laws over there really right now, regarding ā€œweaponsā€ to carry around?
Read about a guy who got a whole tool box confiscated - which he needed for work. And another one where school kids handed over their scissors at school to some kind of ā€œsafetyā€ officer.
At least here knives are fine as long as theyā€™re not disguised as something else, meant for fighting (daggers, etc) or automatic knives. But you still get funny looks if you take out a pocket knife to cut something (like open a package) and itā€™s not some tiny Swiss army knife that.

1 Like

I wonā€™t ever risk taking a knife with me because if Iā€™m stopped with one Iā€™m almost certain to get in trouble. screwdriver is borderline but I could probably explain that away easy, e.g. I need it to repair my computer or something.

1 Like

Thatā€™s just nuts.
What if you go hiking/camping? Knives are damn useful.