The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

I remember why I didn’t like RAGE. It is cause it is a slog to get to combat. The combat is kinda lack luster. It could have been great, if it were a little better polished and a few other things. It has a kinda interesting story with slight rpg elements but the protag is well forgettable. I working on replaying it before RAGE 2 comes out. R2 looks like it addresses the issues with the combat but I’m still in the wait and see mode.

2 Likes

The thing that always bothered me the most about RAGE is that the whole scene was rendered at the same time so if you moved or turned around quick enough nothing would load until suddenly textures poped for everything at once. it was really disorienting at times.

1 Like

Yeah. It is a hot mess and you can see all the flaws when you play it. id tech 5 was flawed. Id tech 6 though, it looks like they learned their lessons and built a really good engine there.

Interestingly RAGE 2 isn’t the id tech 6 engine.

Instead it is using Avalanche’s Apex engine cause id got them to make it instead. id consulted on it.

I think that was a smart move to be honest. RAGE 2 looks to be open world and Apex is built for that. Plus this isn’t the first iteration of the Apex Engine. A lot of people don’t understand video game engines do get improved upon even if they don’t have a number for the public to know it is a new version of it.

Good example of this is Naughty Dog. Consider for a moment the engine used in Uncharted is also used in the Last of Us but it is a newer version. The difference in mocap, animation, and graphics are night and day.

end of ramble.

1 Like

addendum:

id tech 5 was used in Wolfenstein: The New Order but it seems like the kinks were ironed out for it.

id tech 6 was first used on DOOM (2016) and it is a really solid engine.

id tech 7 will debate with DOOM ETERNAL.

2 Likes

You know when your too high after you spend 20 minutes fucking with audio settings wondering why your speakers wont get louder and your headphones are plugged in :laughing:

2 Likes

lol i mean I’ve just done that before normally. these speakers are shit, meanwhile your headphones are shouting and you can’t hear them XD

1 Like

I could hear them but it was at the point where i wanted it turned up about 2 more ticks

2 Likes

oh so you could hear them but thought they were coming from the speakers? I take that back, never been out of it that much before.

2 Likes

5 out of 7 books delivered today were damaged again. ffs, Amazon. Either pay your delivery guys more so they give a fuck about their job or hire people who aren’t ignorant assholes.

Update: now it’s 6 out of 8 books :unamused:

2 Likes

LOVE the new domain name!

Hi everybody

3 Likes

Hey, welcome back

3 Likes

Hey. Welcome back

3 Likes

What’s been going on? :smiley:

The forum changed owner. New url and all.

2 Likes

Who (whom?) owns the forum now?

less changed owner and more just detached from CubedCorps, me and @Dje4321 are still running it as we were.

Also if you want to catch up on whats changed you can look over here

We have a new main site too at https://0cd.xyz

3 Likes

me and @Michael

3 Likes

New dangerzone map is :ok_hand:

2 Likes

@SgtAwesomesauce @devadmin

You guys tried this yet?
https://silverblue.fedoraproject.org/download

1 Like