The Lounge 0001 [From the Beginning]

used to have bunch but now they are more like nucs and stuff and not so cheap for some

i guess if had hardware decode for 264/5 could stream and stuff atleast

1 Like

Honey fermented garlic :garlic:

It will take a month to be ready but 3 days ish to begin fermentation

1 Like

prolly have to harvest cousins garlic soon

1 Like

Imac g3 can fit a itx board in em andddd if ya want a tad bigger and more modding support the emac g4 would be a better fit and can support alot more resolutions with a higher refresh thanks to the trinitron

1 Like

@Ancient_Evil_God what hve ya done on yer ppc stuff pics and info!

not much. im still trying to figure out what to do. THough I do have a nice civcraft server yall are free to join. Engle and trooper play on it the most. like daily it seems. I wouln’t mind seeing you in there. :smile:

1 Like

sorry guys been busy dealing with shit

2 Likes

On behalf of novasty and I… You sir… are welcome :wink:

1 Like

oh looks it is phased aka heim aka rootz.

1 Like

Ok so im moving into a bigger cheaper better place and i already am set the stim check means nothing i have a VA pension so this is a mini xmas every stim check

Im thinking some into savings for a down payment im building
60%

And whats left i could buy a m1 mac mini for shits and giggles

I know about the ssd wear issue and i already know the fixes

Plus i love anything non intel

I have a bunch of tb3 stuff and i can use the egpu box i got for stuff till i or some one smarter figures out egpu support

And this would be fun

1 Like

You could join me on your m1 macbook in the civcraft server!

1 Like

hopefully their server parts arent as bad :x was heavily losing out the 15w zen2 8 cores although dunno at all for tdp comparisons since gets messy when talking soc parts and stuff, and tdp in general is just thermal design not power draw the m1 18w could be 18 ded maximum for everything, or just the cpu no memory/other soc stuff etc, start talking turbo/boost clock behaviour and 18w could be just average not peak even for just the cpu cores

is like the new 11700k or whatever comes out and its still slower then the 8 core amd part

1 Like

Eh i know

I kinda just wanna see how well (bad) the m1 handles over time

I am split on the mac mini m1
Or the macbook m1

I might wait for the iMac version

And just save the money who knows

I could get. 2020 mac mini with 4 tb3 ports and 10gb nic

do you have a decent monitor? macbook has a nice one i believe.

I have the 2011 Thunderbolt Display 27” 2k and i forget it’s actual res its weird near 1920x1080 apple lcd

1 Like

dunno prolly not bad for most stuff, outside floating point heavy workloads anyways but thats most older cpus do bad too

might push back into the l4 cache being a thing though would be cool, especially if the node shit ever gets figured out and they start using actual next gen like hbm whatever 3d stack stuff

i mean a zen 5 128core with like 32gb of l4 cache at 1.5~2tb/s or something would probably do somethin

1 Like

could go for a ryzen 5000 machine. they usually have much better upgradability.

But intel patents and x86 is getting ew

Im looking at either a power system or these right now

1 Like

I heard makemkv supports m1 now.

1 Like

3 Likes